When your business invests in a high-quality copier, it’s important to keep it maintained. After all, that machine is going to put out countless reams of copies, and will likely double as your scanner to digitize important physical documents. It is an extremely important part of your business’s everyday operations, and thus needs to be kept in good condition.
At Click Copiers, we offer general maintenance and copier repair in Scottsdale, AZ for Ricoh brand copiers. This Ricoh service provided by our skilled team ensures your copier will last your business for many years to come.
Here is a quick overview of what should be included in your general copy machine maintenance tasks:
- Cleaning the exterior: Perhaps the easiest thing you can do for your copier from a maintenance and general upkeep perspective is keep its exterior clean. Not only does this keep up a like-new appearance, but it’s also hygienic, and will allow you to more easily spot problems if something doesn’t look quite right. Wipe down the machine with a lint-free cloth whenever you clean it. You should also use a non-abrasive cloth dampened with a glass cleaner to clean the copier glass—do not spray the cleaner directly on the glass.
- Clean inside of the machine: You should also make it a priority to keep the inside of the copy machine clean. The paper rollers tend to build up dust and residue from the toners over time. You can clean those rollers with a cloth dampened with a small amount of water (never use chemicals). Remove any dust that builds up in the cartridge area or near the ink nozzles with a cotton swab that you have dampened with isopropyl alcohol or clean water. You can use a small paintbrush to clean out paper trays—even the small cracks and crevices.
- Use the machine responsibly: Always use high-quality paper, which will reduce shavings, debris and other jamming issues. The paper you load should always be completely clean and dry. Be sure to take off any staples or paper clips when scanning or copying files so you can prevent any damage to the glass or to the machine in general. When loading paper, do not force it in—this could cause a jam and prevent the paper from being pushed through the machine properly. And of course, make it a point to regularly replace the cartridges in your copier.
- Replace parts as needed: There are certain parts in the copier that will wear out or break after a certain amount of usage. Drum units, for example, are one of the most frequently replaced copier parts. It can help to have extras on hand at all times for these parts you know will ultimately need to be replaced.
For more information about how you can better keep up your copy machines and the kind of service we provide for Ricoh copiers, contact the expert team at Click Copiers today about copier repair in Scottsdale, AZ.
It’s inevitable—at some point, you’ll have to deal with a copier in your office that has jammed. Sometimes this is the fault of the equipment simply being old or in need of repairs, while other times it is the user’s fault. But in any case, you can be sure that it will happen at some point.
Fortunately, there are ways you can at least limit the incidence of those paper jams. Here are a few tips you should follow (and spread around your office) to help limit the frequency of copier jams so you can avoid having to call in the pros for Ricoh copier repair in Scottsdale, AZ:
Keep the copier clear: Your copier should be used for office tasks only. It might seem like an obvious point, but you should never set food or drinks on the machine. If there’s a leak or spill, the stickiness or crumps could get inside the copier and severely damage some of its most important parts. If you or anyone else in your office is in the habit of setting their coffee cups down on top of the machine, that’s a habit that needs to end immediately.
Never use torn paper: The uneven edges, tears and wrinkles associated with ripped paper will make the machine much more likely to jam. Any paper inserted into the copier should be flat and in good condition.
Make sure you put the paper in correctly: You should fan your paper before adding it into the paper tray, and then double check to make sure you are putting it right side up. If you are unsure which direction the paper should be fed into the machine, check for the arrows on your ream, and they will guide you.
Use paper as quickly as possible: Over time, paper will begin to absorb moisture, which makes it more likely to jam. If you do not believe you will use a whole ream of paper quickly, store some of it away in a dry area and seal it up to slow down its moisture retention.
Deal with error messages as they arise: If you notice a machine has the same error message with some regularity, this is when you can call in a service provider to give the machine a checkup.
Remove “extras”: Before you add in documents you will copy or scan, make sure to remove staples, paper clips and sticky notes and tape up any torn edges on the papers. The idea is that you want to get rid of anything the copier might eat.
Clean it: Keep your copier clean so it will function efficiently and properly. Dirt can occasionally get inside of rollers and cause them to slip around. Dirt on the glass can result in low-quality copies. Clean out the air filter on a regular basis.
For more information about how you can keep your copier in good shape and avoid jams, contact us about Ricoh copier repair in Scottsdale, AZ.
Ricoh is a brand name you’ll see in offices throughout the United States and worldwide. No matter what type of business, how big it is or what its document needs may be, Ricoh remains a top choice for copiers and printers. But taking advantage of all of the benefits this exceptional brand has to offer comes with a caveat: Ricoh products need routine service and maintenance.
Think of your Ricoh copier like a luxury car: you pay for the features and reliability it offers, but the trade-off is a strict adherence to maintenance. But when you think about it, is this really a trade-off at all? After all, routine maintenance isn’t hard and is something you’ll likely end up investing in anyway, as a way of preventing the need for major copier repair in Scottsdale, AZ.
At Click Copiers – Scottsdale, we’re familiar with all of the great benefits Ricoh copiers have to offer. More importantly, we know exactly what it takes to keep these machines running smoothly for as long as you own them.
The Cost of Great Benefits
You might be wondering why Ricoh copiers have such strict maintenance needs or why they might need professional service instead of the usual staff checkup. The answer comes in the form of their high function. Simply put: their superior function needs expert oversight. Take a look at the high level of performance that comes out of these machines when they’re properly maintained (model-dependent):
- Copies produced in 10 seconds or less
- Up to 22 copies per minute
- Full bleed printing and copying feature
- Document finishing (stapling, punching, etc.)
- Page duplexing capabilities
- Network-enabled capabilities (fax, scanning, email, etc.)
Needless to say, there are a lot of moving parts and a lot going on when Ricoh copiers kick themselves into high gear! It’s no surprise that constant function at this high level will take a toll on the mechanical nature of the machine eventually.
Professional Service Oversight
You might be the type of person who can change the oil in your car or do the brakes, but do you have the expertise to replace head gaskets or balance your camshaft? Probably not. Here again, the same applies to copier repair in Scottsdale, AZ. You might be able to route a paper jam or repair an off-kilter toner cartridge, but you probably can’t fix misaligned print heads or recalibrate the duplexing sensor.
The moral of the story here is that maintenance, repairs and general service for your Ricoh copier need to be left to a trained and qualified individual. At Click Copiers – Scottsdale, our techs have spent years familiarizing themselves with Ricoh products and the many intricate services they require to function at their fullest. We’re well equipped to diagnose, repair and otherwise maintain your high-quality piece of equipment.
Keeping your business running at high capacity means having equipment that can keep up. When your office is operating on the back of a Ricoh copier, your documents are in good hands. Make sure your equipment itself is ready to keep up with the demands of your everyday business environment.
Regardless of your company’s size, your business needs a copier for day-to-day operations to go on as planned. Without a copier, your employees would be copying pages of notes and memos by hand or using their desk printers. Think of how much time that would waste! Unfortunately, even the best models of copiers made by Ricoh break or malfunction from time to time. These complicated machines usually require copier repair in Scottsdale, AZ when they go down. Keep reading to learn some of the most common reasons we get calls for copier repair:
- Paper jams: Paper pulling through incorrectly causes a jam, which is frustrating and can really slow down business. These jams are caused by a number of reasons. Loading the wrong size paper or loading the paper incorrectly is the most common reason for jams. When that happens, someone has to manually pull the rest of the paper out of the rollers. This usually isn’t a hard issue to solve, but it can necessitate the help of a printer repair technician if the jam is too deep in the machine.
- Wrinkled pages: It’s great if your pages come out without getting jammed up in your machine. What’s not great, though, is if they come out looking wrinkled or even partially torn! Wrinkled pages make your employees look unprofessional and ill prepared for meetings. Bad looking pages are caused by sticking or broken exit rollers, and this problem can’t typically be solved by an amateur. You’ll need the help of a professional in this situation. Call us at once to fix your broken rollers!
- Copies are discolored: Are your copies coming out too light, too dark or totally discolored? This could be a problem with your color density settings or an issue with your copier’s drum. Call one of our professionals to diagnose and fix the issue with your Ricoh copier!
What’s the best solution?
You could have your employees try to fix your printer, but is that really best the use of their time? Certainly not! Your employees are paid to do their jobs, not fix your office copying equipment. That’s not just a waste of their time and company money—letting someone without proper training can actually make your copier problems worse. Instead, call the professionals at Click Copiers for copier repair in Scottsdale, AZ. We have years of experience with all sorts of printers and copiers, especially Ricoh models. You can trust that we’ll handle all of your copier issues in a timely manner to ensure your business isn’t stuck waiting around with a broken copier.
Don’t leave your copier repair needs in the hands of your employees or anyone else. Let our professionals take care of everything for you! We offer a wide range of services in addition to copier repair. Do you need to lease or buy a new printer? Talk to us! We sell and lease all sorts of commercial printers and copiers. Is it time to sell your copier to make room for a new one? Give us a call—we also buy old Ricoh copiers! Whatever your copier needs entail, we’re the business for the job.
Even in today’s increasingly digitized office space, maintaining a dependable copier machine is an essential part of running a business. Unfortunately, even the most dependable copiers can be susceptible to damage caused by overuse, lack of maintenance or human error. If your office’s copier is experiencing trouble, you may be wondering whether you should invest in repairs or in the purchase of a new copier machine. Working with a qualified provider of copier repair in Scottsdale, AZ is a great way to ensure that your business remains up and running, regardless of the state of your copier machine.
If you are experiencing problems with the copier machine in your office, you may be wondering what the most cost-effective way is to address your malfunctioning machine. Copier machines are expensive, complicated pieces of equipment that require lots of regular maintenance. Depending on the age, value and health of your copier, you may want to opt for replacement over copier repair in Scottsdale, AZ.
Depending on the needs of your business, replacement may or may not be the most cost-effective way to address your copier machine’s malfunction. Here are just some of the factors that you should consider while debating between copier repair and replacement:
- Malfunction frequency: Has your copier broken down in the past? If so, how frequently? If your copier machine is continuously experiencing the same malfunction, it could be an indication that it is time to replace, rather than repair, your machine. All copier machines, however, will require some degree of repair and maintenance regularly.
- Effects on your business: If your business is crippled when the copier goes down, you should probably consider replacing it. Repairs can take time, especially if replacement components are required. In the long run, it may be wisest to replace your machine. If you can go without a copier for a few days, however, repair may be more effective.
- New technology: Because technology is advancing so rapidly, newer copier models may offer a wide range of interesting and beneficial features that your older machine doesn’t include. On the other hand, these features may not be particularly relevant to the type of copying that you need to execute on a daily basis.
- Cost-effectiveness: Ultimately, you must determine which option is most cost-effective for your company. In most instances, hiring a team of qualified professionals to perform copier repair in Scottsdale, AZ is the best way to minimize the budgetary impact of a copier machine’s malfunction. In some cases, however, replacement is preferable.
Click Copiers – Scottsdale has been providing high-quality copier repair in Scottsdale, AZ since 2011. We provide a wide range of in-office repair services, and we are capable of working on nearly any brand or model of copier or printing machine that your office may rely on. If you opt to replace your copier, we also offer sales of both new and refurbished copiers. We are capable of meeting the needs of businesses of all sizes. You can rely on Click Copiers – Scottsdale to consistently support the printing needs of your company, no matter what they may be!