Buying used copiers in Scottsdale, AZ instead of brand new ones can save you a significant amount of money. But once you have made the decision to go with a used piece of equipment, there are still other considerations you have to keep in mind to make sure you’ve chosen the right tool for you.
Here are a few things to think about when searching for your used copiers in Scottsdale, AZ:
- Used or refurbished: The first choice to consider is whether you’re looking for a used or refurbished copier. A used copier is one that was previously owned but had never been repaired. These machines are usually sold “as is” without a warranty (or a very short warranty). A refurbished copier, on the other hand, has been repaired, tested, updated, cleaned and inspected. They typically have not been used for a long time, and come with the same kind of warranty you’d get on a brand new copier. Refurbished copiers tend to be more expensive, but still less so than a brand new machine.
- What you will be using it for: Today’s copiers have multiple functions aside from just printing. Figure out which features are important for you and your business. Do you need to print in color on a regular basis? Do you need to scan or fax documents? Do you want stapling and sorting features? This will help you to narrow down your search.
- How much you expect to print: Get a rough guess as to what the volume of your printing will be on a monthly basis, then add on another 20 percent to keep future growth in mind. You need to have a copier that is able to handle the jobs you need it to take on, as well as the output that you have. Older machines might not necessarily be able to handle larger loads, which means you’d have to deal with longer down times. However, if you have smaller loads or are a very small business, you could probably get away with an older machine with fewer features.
- What sort of print speed you need: Printing speed tends to decrease throughout the lifespan of a copier. Most offices use copiers that print anywhere between 20 and 50 pages per minute. Figure out how quick you need your jobs to get done, and this will help you to narrow down your search.
- How much you’re willing to spend: As with any piece of equipment, it’s important to have a budget in place. Just because a copier is used does not mean it’s going to be cheap. It’ll be cheaper than a new one, for sure, but if it’s still a good unit with plenty of life left, you still need to account for it in your budget.
These are just a few of the considerations you’ll need to account for when purchasing used copiers in Scottsdale, AZ. For more information and tips as you prepare to make your selection, contact us at Click Copiers today.